For a taste of summer and an easy crock pot dinner, you have got to try these BBQ Chicken Tostadas!
This recipe is so yummy and once you get the ingredients in, it cooks itself. Enjoying BBQ chicken on tostadas puts a fun, new twist on these “tacos.” Enjoy!
BBQ Chicken Tostadas
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 15 ounces (1 can) tomato sauce
- 3 oz (1 can) tomato paste
- 1/8 cup molasses
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
Add everything to a crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. Remove the chicken in the last hour of cook time and shred it. Add it back into the crock pot and stir everything together.
Use about 1/4 cup of BBQ chicken mixture to top a tostada and sprinkle with sharp cheddar cheese. Serve immediately.
Like this recipe? Check out my other books, and watch for more to come!
Want a paperback copy? Reply in the comments and I’ll send you one!