How do you get skin care and relaxation, all in one? Take an essential oils bath, of course!
You skin is your largest organ. Acting as a sponge, it absorbs whatever it comes in contact with. Because your skin is susceptible to all the elements, you have to make sure to consider it. Also, let this remind you to use quality products.
One of my favorite ways to care for my skin is through essential oil baths. They are easy to prepare and relaxing. Plus, your skin sits and soaks in the goodness. (Get it, bath..soak? LOL) This is how.
How to Prepare an Essential Oils Bath
1. Draw a bath of warm, and NOT hot (this detail is most important,) water.
2. Using a mason jar or glass measuring container, add two cups of Epsom salt. To the salt, add your oils. I like to use a combination of the following oils:
- Frankincense 5 drops
- Copaiba 10 drops
- Lavender 10 drops
- Tea Tree 10 drops
- Peppermint 2 drops
Figure out what you like best or what works best for your skin, and use those. You can essentially add any you want, just be careful of the citrus and photosensitive oils if you plan to be out in the sun.
3. And lastly, for love of skin, (and not the smell of it,) I add about a cup of Apple Cider Vinegar to the bath water. ACV is very acidic and helps your skins pH, among other things.
4. Soak 20-30 minutes to reap the benefits.
5. Finish with lotion
- apply a high-quality lotion
Quality refers to the ingredients, so the more natural, the better. You want lotions to list no-parabens and no dyes. If you can, use completely natural sources to take the guess work out of making sure you’ve got the good stuff.
Coconut oil is an amazing moisturizer. A little goes a long way, so use it sparingly, until you’re used to it. Other oils like jojoba, sweet almond, avocado oil, and others work much the same way.
Self-care using quality ingredients are vital to feel your best. Check out the links below for my everyday, wellness book and some of my favorite, natural products.
This lotion I love!
Apple Cider Vinegar is awesome for your skin and also to cook with!
For oils, I use Young Living Essential Oils. If you want to order through me, let me know in the comments.
Disclaimer: I use Young Living Essential Oils and based on my research, I believe these are the best, safest, and most pure oils on the market. PLEASE do your own research and determine which oils are best for you and your family.