Everyone wants to be happy. Want to get happy from the inside out? It isn’t about fancy dinners, expensive trips, and stuff.
But instead about true human connection, love, and exploring the splendors of the world. This life on earth is our only one.
Rough day, rough week? No fear. These ideas will get you on track to feeling better. And never forget to fake it ’til you make it!
1. Smile. Seriously. Smile and see what happens. No matter your emotion, literally turning up your lips in a smile creates the illusion of happiness and you can trick yourself into a better mood. Because, when you are in a good mood, you smile. So, do it on purpose and see what happens.
2. Think of something you’re thankful for. All of us have something to be thankful for. Most of us have so many things to be thankful for. Thinking about the good things in life is the best way to be happy. And really, we could all stand to be more thankful in this life.
3. Close your eyes and take a deep breath. Life can be stressful. Work, errands, family, and even friends can make it so busy. But you know what you can do, no matter where you are, or what you’re doing? You can take a minute to yourself. You can literally walk away from the madness, or at least block it out. Take the time to close your eyes, and take a deep breath… Ok, carry on.
4. Oils. I’m sorry if you didn’t see it coming, but if you’ve read my stuff before, I’m sure you did. Look. Essential oils changed.my.life. I cannot say enough good about them. And whatever you need, I’m telling you, “There’s an oil for that!” So whether you swipe some on, diffuse it into the air you breathe or sniff it straight out of the bottle, oils will make you happier today. If you haven’t already, you must try them.
5. Laugh. Google a joke or better yet, ask the person next to you/person in the same room/Alexa, to tell you one. Laughing literally renews the spirit. It helps rid the body of depression. It brings you to a place of innocence, and it just feels so good.
I love these tips and I try to do them everyday, sometimes even several times a day. And the more “not happy” I feel, the more I try to do them. Because, self care.
Happy Thursday XOXO
Check out my wellness book for more on how to feel best everyday and if you want to know more about oils, leave a comment.
Disclaimer: I use Young Living Essential Oils and based on my research, I believe these are the best, safest, and most pure oils on the market. PLEASE do your own research and determine which oils are best for you and your family.