You’ll swear you’re eating takeout. This recipe was named by a close friend because it is so good, you can’t stop eating it! Vegetables and ground beef combine and take on the flavors and textures of your favorite Chinese dish, but homemade and healthy.
- Half a large head of purple cabbage, sliced into strips
- One red onion, sliced into strips
- 12 oz green beans, cut off ends and cut into bite sized pieces
- 8oz mushrooms, sliced
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos (soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
In a wok or large skillet pan, add one tablespoon of coconut oil on medium heat with the onions and green beans and let that cook for 5-10 minutes. Now make a circle sized space in the middle of the pan and put the beef in and cook until browned.
Then layer the minced garlic, sliced mushrooms and sliced cabbage on top of the meat and vegetables, cover the wok and let it cook for about 15-20 minutes. Add the aminos, seasame oil and pepper and cook additional 5-10 minutes. Enjoy!