Goulash is a very traditional dish and well I love its simplicity, I always longed for a hint of heat and some extra spices. This take on goulash is just that and quick enough to throw together on a work night too.
Emmy’s Beef Goulash
- 2 onions, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 30 oz. (2 cans) diced tomatoes
- 15 oz. (1 can) tomato sauce
- 3 cups water
- 1 heaping tablespoon of dried oregano
- 1 heaping tablespoon of dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups noodles (zoodles, rice/corn/lentil noodles are all healthy additions as well)
- pinch of salt and pepper
Directions: Add the onions and garlic to olive oil in a pan over medium heat and cook for 5 minutes. From there, add the meat and cook until browned. Mix in the tomatoes, water and noodles and cook until the noodles are al dente or to preference. Enjoy=)
Like this recipe? Check out my other books, and watch for more to come!
Want a paperback copy? Reply in the comments and I’ll send you one!