On a chilly morning, warm fresh banana bread pancakes are the best. These pancakes are light, fluffy and filled with banana bread flavor! Top them with this one of a kind syrup and enjoy.
Banana Bread Pancakes
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup regular flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (you can use a full cup of either or, I just like the mixture)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2/3 cups walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil (for each pan of pancakes)
Mash the three bananas until soft and easily stirred. Add in vanilla, milk, egg and combine. Next is the baking powder and soda, both (or either) flours and cinnamon. Stir until all the ingredients are incorporated. Add nuts last and stir.
Cook over medium to low heat until bubbles begin to form on one side and flip, or about 5 minutes on each side.
Tip: Use 1 full tablespoon butter/oil to cook your pancakes and help them not stick.
Cinnamon Maple Yogurt Drizzle
- 2 heaping tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
Combine ingredients in a small bowl until smooth and well mixed.